Experience nature and purify your mind and body
Earth, water, fire, wind, sky. You can appreciate the power of nature with your five senses.
Many women join the one-day training guided by ascetic practitioners in Mt. Inunaki.
By facing the nature, you can purify and revaluate yourself.
One-day training attracting more and more women
We offer one-day ascetic practice experience for general travelers who want to participate in Mountain Asceticism known as “Shugen-do.” In the practice, we walk around the mountain, visiting training spots and places of worship under the supervision of ascetic monks of Mt. Inunaki. You can also join takigyo meditation, or waterfall training. Mt. Inunaki is open to women, so it is called “nyonin Omine”; for women are prohibited from entering Mt. Omine. Because of this, more and more women take part in the one-day practice experience in Mt. Inunaki.
|Date||As a general rule, the third Sunday of each month ※Except from December to February|
|Participation fee||3,000 yen (including special clothes for waterfall training) ※The proceeds will go to the maintenance of the training spots.|
|How to apply||Reservation is required. Send us the application form or fax us by 10 days prior to your entry.
For more information, please call us at +81-72-459-7101.
Please note that application will be closed when the limit is reached.
|Entry qualification(Age limit)||Only for those aged around 10 to 70 and confident about physical strength.|
|Others||You can apply for goma prayer, memorial services and sutra copying at the reception of the main hall on the day whether you are in a group or not.
※Please kindly note that there may be times when it is not possible to respond to all requests due to unforeseen circumstances.
|Notes||We are afraid to say that we cannot accept your cancel request after your application.
If you need to cancel due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact us by e-mail or telephone as soon as possible.
- 8:45 am
- Please gather at the Sacrifice fudo mae square.
- 8:50 am
- Reception and roll call
- 9:00 am
- After a religious service in front of the main hall, we’ll climb Mt. Inunaki for training.
- 11:30 am
- After returning from the mountain, there will be bathroom breaks. Then, go on to waterfall training.
- 1:30 pm
- Those who complete the training will receive a certificate. Then, the program ends.
※We won't have any lunch breaks during the training, so please have lunch after the program.
- This is a kind of training, so please refrain from participating just for fun.
- While training, No Talking, No Alcohol, No Smoking.
- You will need to take full responsibility for any accident during the training, so please take care of yourself and your personal belongings.
- Please follow the instructions from the staff on that day.
Otherwise, we might ask you to stop climbing. In that case, no refund is available.
- Do not hesitate to tell the staff when you feel sick or the training is hard. It’s nothing to be ashamed of stopping the training on the way.
- As a general rule, it is not allowed to join only waterfall training. You need to take all the training programs.
- Due to the weather, the content and date of training can be changed.
- We are afraid to say that we cannot accept your cancel request after your application. If you need to cancel due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact us by e-mail or telephone as soon as possible.
- Reservation-only.Same-day application is not accepted.
- You are allowed to go back at any time.No pressure.
- Join the training at your own risk.There is possibility of accidents, injuries and so on.
After reading and agreeing with the notes above, click Apply for One-day training, select the tittle “Apply for One-day training”, and fill out the application form. Please mention the date of your participation and names, ages, and sexes of all the members in your group in the message column so that we can give you a certification with your name.
※If you apply for the program by e-mail, please make sure that you can receive e-mails from “@inunakisan.jp” because we will reply in order to notify that we receive your application.
One day Japanese calligraphy
One day Japanese calligraphy
The sutra-copying（Japanese caligraphy）is based on the sutras that the Buddha preached.It is a "training" that carefully copies each letter and concentrates on what the mind should be.Anyone can experience it regardless of religion or denomination. Please feel free to join us.
Exprience fee : 1,000yen 〜＋Facility fee:1,000yen
Please contact us or apply at the main hall office.
Inunaruyama is a place where the entire mountain is for training.
In connection with "Katsuragi 28shuku", there is "Inunaki Yamauchi 28shuku".
Seven waterfalls and
Gyoja no Taki
In the reign of the Emperor Junna (824-834), there was a great drought and he had monks in sacred mountains, temples and shrines pray for rainfall. Also, in our mountain, monks prayed for rainfall in front of Fudo Myo-o. Miraculously, fruitful showers could help people around Senshu area. Then, the seven most famous waterfalls were compared to the seven treasures (gold, etc.), and the temple was given the name “Shipporyuji (temple of seven treasures)” by the Emperor Junna.
Kobo Daishi also known as Kukai, enshrined Seven Deities of Good Fortune. So, seven waterfalls in this mountain is called scared waterfall of Seven Deities of Good Fortune and Fudo. Once you visit this mountain, it is said that you can obtain the sacred power of these gods and increase good fortune.
Waterfalls for training where many practitioners visit
Gyoja-no-taki in Inunakisan Shipporyuji is a sacred waterfall. There is no end to the number of people who climb the mountain and visit this temple throughout Japan around the year. Mt. Inunaki is open to women, so it is called “nyonin Omine”; for women are prohibited from entering Mt. Omine. Because of this, more and more women take part in the one-day practice experience in Mt. Inunaki. Also, some of practitioners who contributed to the spreading of Buddhism in Japan, such as En no Gyoja, Kobo Taishi, and Saint Ichigan practiced in this waterfall.
About waterfall training
Please make a reservation in advance.
Only for those who are taught how to enter the waterfall. If you want to practice in the waterfall, please join one-day training experience. Generally, the practice is held on the third Sunday of each month. Please make sure to check the guidelines and contact us by the
Inquiry Formor FAX (+81-72-459-7101)
Recently, some people became interested in practicing in waterfall because it is introduced through the media. However, because the whole ground, including Gyoja no Taki is a sacred training area, please follow our instructions. If someone enter the waterfall without permission, we can call the police to prevent accidents from occurring.
- Reservation requiredSame-day application is not allowed.
- Lending fees for training clothes500 yen / person
- Please join the training at your own riskThere is a possibility of accidents, injuries and so on.